(The Faith Forum Series – Batch 4)
I have learned that, not because God gave you a promise and delivered you out of Egypt does it mean that he will take you straight into a land flowing with milk and honey. Not only is his timing not ours but you are a child in need of processing.
Thank him therefore for deliverance but don’t expect your next stop to be the Promised Land. This is what the children of Israel mistakenly thought, that once they departed from Egypt, God would lead them straight into the Promised Land. However, in his wisdom, he took them through the wilderness.
Exodus 15:22-23 states: “So Moses brought Israel from the Red sea, and they went out into the wilderness of Shur…”
If you examine the lives of Joseph, David and Abraham, you will realize that when God gives a promise, it is a SURE promise but he doesn’t usually bring it to pass until years later. There is usually a WAITING period and he expects us to do so faithfully with a good attitude.
If God gave you a promise (as I believe he did me), then if you are still waiting on its manifestation (as I am currently doing), endure hardness as a good soldier, gird up the loins of your mind and PREPARE to go through the wilderness, deserts, pits, drought, the shadow of death and even experiences that people don’t normally go through (as I have), BEFORE he takes you into the land he promised.
Don’t be like the Israelites who complained, murmured and doubted. This lengthens the period of your wait.
Indeed, it will not be an easy journey but you WILL be able to make it once you keep focused on the Lord and on his leading. Acknowledge him in all your ways as you move forward and he is guaranteed to direct your path (Proverbs 3:6).
To end, I will cite Jeremiah 2:6-7, which states of the Israelite’s journey from Egypt to the Promised Land:
- “…the Lord that brought us up out of the land of EGYPT, that led us through the WILDERNESS, through a land of DESERTS and of PITS, through a land of DROUGHT, and of the SHADOW OF DEATH, through a LAND THAT NO MAN PASSED THROUGH, and where no man dwelt…into a PLENTIFUL COUNTRY, to eat the fruit thereof and the goodness thereof…” (Jeremiah 2:6-7)
(Written on 7th May, 2018) (SEE ADDITIONAL NOTE BELOW)
It tends to look like a shameful thing, the years of WAITING, until God turns it around and grants you that which you have been waiting for. Then, the many years of waiting, become something beautiful that he can use, to showcase HIS glory.
(Written earlier on 6th October, 2017)
Dear Reader, if you found the above Article to be interesting, informative or edifying, I recommend that you also read the following under the ‘COURTING OR ENGAGED Daughters’ Page:
- Note 37 – ‘What Does It Mean To Wait With A Good Attitude?’
Additionally, under the ‘SINGLE Daughters’ Page:
- Note 4 – ‘I Intend To Make You Wait’
- Note 13 – ‘Precious Moments – I Can’t Wait’
- Note 73 – ‘Wait For Your Ice Cream’
- Note 129 – ‘Single Daughters Of God, Wait!’
- Note 253 – ‘Seven (7) Practical Things You Can Do While Waiting On Your Prince Charming’
- Note 268 – ‘Making The Wrong Decision Can Be Costly – When You Don’t Wait On God To Introduce You To Your Spouse’