Dear broken lady or girl,
Do you feel broken by people, by life, by your own poor decisions and by circumstance?
I know what it is to be broken. I know what it is to be rejected, forsaken, forgotten, misunderstood, abused, uncared for, ignored and unloved. I know what it feels like to be considered an outcast, a recluse, to be treated as if you do not even exist, have no value or worth whatsoever and are not even human. I know what it is to live in a world that knows how to be cruel and to face ridicule, bullying, disrespect, putdowns, insults, attacks, criticism and other forms of oppression and suppression.
Alas, I know what it is to feel overwhelmed and disappointed by life, regretful of foolish mistakes, a complete failure, hopeless, in a sterile place and facing a brick wall or a locked door that refuses to budge, sad, afraid, weak and to wonder in your suffering, if you will ever come out of your endless problems, which nobody seems to have the answers for or are genuinely interested in helping you with and if all your life will ever be, from childhood to adulthood is pain and a spectacle for those who hate or dislike you, to rejoice. I know what it is to be completely devoid of encouragement and support in your life, where you feel like your existence matters to no one and for people to not believe in you, to not believe that you will ever amount to anything worthwhile in life and that you will always be characterized by what looks like a life of failure.
Yet, no matter how ugly your past, endless your mistakes or how broken you are and feel, the God of all Creation, whose Son is Jesus Christ, can HELP and HEAL you. Nothing is too hard for him to do and with him, all things are possible.
In Genesis 18:14, he asked the rhetorical question, “Is any thing too hard for the Lord?” He asked the question to Abraham because his wife had doubted that what God had said would happen, would happen. Yet, sure enough, in the time that he had set for the miracle to happen, it did.
In Jeremiah 32:27, he again asked the question to his Prophet Jeremiah, stating, “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?”
In Exodus 3:14, when he instructed his servant Moses to return to Egypt to speak to his people and to Pharaoh and Moses asked what he should say his name was, God replied: “I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you.”
God describing himself as I AM meant that he was the ultimate, the sovereign one, the one whose throne was from everlasting to everlasting and the eternal existing one. He was the all powerful one, the one who created all things and the one in whom all things consist. He was over all, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end.
In Revelation 1:8, the resurrected and glorified Jesus, who is God the Son and therefore God, stated, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.”
In Colossians 1:12-19, Paul, in speaking of what God the Father and his Son Jesus Christ had done for him and others who he had delivered from their broken, sinful state, declared:
- “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
- For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell.”
Even when nobody on earth has the solution to your problems therefore, God holds the key. He is the God of heaven, the God of all the earth and sky.
In speaking of his grandeur, majesty and power and remembering how he had delivered the Israelites when they were in trouble in Egypt and brought them into a good and peaceful place, Jeremiah the Prophet declared:
- “Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee: Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the Lord of hosts, is his name, Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:
- Which hast set signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day, and in Israel, and among other men; and hast made thee a name, as at this day; And hast brought forth thy people Israel out of the land of Egypt with signs, and with wonders, and with a strong hand, and with a stretched out arm, and with great terror; And hast given them this land, which thou didst swear to their fathers to give them, a land flowing with milk and honey.” (Jeremiah 32:17-22)
No matter what you are going through or how broken you feel therefore, invite God into your situation and if you haven’t before, ask his Son Jesus Christ, who died but rose from the dead, to come into your life and save you from your sins.
The only way to get to God and to make things right with him is by going to his Son Jesus. In John 14:6, Jesus, who is God the Son and one in whom the fulness of the Godhead dwells bodily, stated, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
With this in mind, Romans 10: 9-13 tells you specifically how you can be adopted into God’s royal family, become his child and begin to enjoy relationship with him, through Jesus Christ his Son. The Word of God states:
- “That if thou shalt CONFESS WITH THY MOUTH THE LORD JESUS, and shalt BELIEVE IN THINE HEART THAT GOD HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- For the scripture saith, WHOSOEVER believeth on him shall NOT be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
WHOSOEVER means anybody. The invitation is therefore extended to EVERYBODY, no matter who he or she is. God does not discriminate. He loves all of his creation and wants nobody to perish but that all would benefit from the eternal life that he is offering freely through His Son Jesus Christ.
2 Peter 3:9 tells us of God’s promise to one day judge the world of its sin by his Son Jesus Christ and to pour out his wrath on all those who are found to have not accepted his Son Jesus Christ by faith and have not been sorry for their sins, that “The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
To escape God’s wrath and to have relationship with him, call on the name of Jesus today. If you believe God’s Word the Bible, that Jesus did indeed come to earth, die for your sins and those of the entire world, was raised from the dead on the third day, just as he said would happen and that forgiveness, pardon and salvation are now offered to anyone and everyone who believes this to be true and who humbly acknowledges with the mouth that Jesus is indeed Lord, then ask him (Jesus) to come into your life, to forgive you of all of your sins and to save you from them and the wrath of God. Confess with your mouth to him the truth, that he is Lord, be sorry for your life of sin and surrender your whole life to HIS Lordship from this moment on.
You will NEVER regret it. He (Jesus) will take your brokenness and make you whole again. He may not give you a problem-free life but he will equip you with his power and grace to go through anything you might face and to bring you out, beautifully.
Even if you have backslidden, meaning that you know him as Lord and Saviour but turned away from him in rebellion and took the path of sin, he urges you to repent and return. His Word says: “COME NOW, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” (Isaiah 1:18)
(Written on 20th April, 2022)
Dear Reader, if you found the above Article to be interesting, informative, beneficial or edifying, you may also be interested in reading the following:
- Note 30 – ‘His Grace Is Sufficient And His Blood Is Enough’
- Note 31 – ‘A Magnificent Work Of Grace’
- Note 35 – ‘Four (4) Ways To Ease Your Burdens’
Additionally, under the ‘SINGLE Daughters’ Page:
- Note 305 – ‘The Lady With The Issue Of Blood’