(The Information & Edification Series – Batch 5)
Abraham of the Bible, had FAITH in God and his Word, in that he believed whatever God said, that it was TRUE. As a result of this, the Bible states that his faith was counted or accredited to him (Abraham) for righteousness. The scripture says of him:
- “Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform. And therefore it was imputed to him for righteousness.” (Romans 4:18-21 KJV)
Abraham’s faith in God’s Word was therefore imputed or counted for righteousness.
The scripture continues however:
- “Now it was not written for his sake alone, that it was imputed to him; BUT FOR US ALSO, TO WHOM IT SHALL BE IMPUTED, IF WE BELIEVE ON HIM THAT RAISED UP JESUS OUR LORD FROM THE DEAD; WHO WAS DELIVERED FOR OUR OFFENCES, AND WAS RAISED AGAIN FOR OUR JUSTIFICATION.” (Romans 4:22-25 KJV)
This scripture (along with other scriptures in the Bible), tell us then that we too, though sinners, get to be clothed with God’s righteousness, IF WE BELIEVE BY FAITH, HIS TESTIMONY OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, that he died a sacrificial death, though perfectly righteous, for the sins of the whole world but that God rose him up from the dead on the third day.
The Word of God states:
- “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God IN HIM.” (2 Corinthians 5:21 KJV)
- “But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of FAITH, which we preach; That if thou shalt CONFESS WITH THY MOUTH THE LORD JESUS, and shalt BELIEVE IN THINE HEART THAT GOD HATH RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man BELIEVETH unto righteousness; and with the mouth CONFESSION is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, WHOSOEVER believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For WHOSOEVER shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:8-13 KJV)
‘Whosoever’ means that God’s offer of salvation (justification/righteousness) by FAITH is available to ALL, without exception. ALL are invited to come to the Father, by his Son Jesus Christ.
Jesus himself stated, “…I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH and THE LIFE. No man cometh to the Father but BY ME.” (John 14:6 KJV)
Abraham believed what God promised him, many years ago and as a result of this faith, God chose to grant unto him righteousness, meaning, he considered him perfectly acceptable, as if he never sinned.
How about you? Based on God’s Word, he has informed us that Jesus died for your sins and mine but is alive, God having raised him from the dead. God has declared this in his Word, the Bible and he CANNOT lie. Do you believe God’s testimony of his Son? Do you have faith in what God has said, even as Abraham did?
I ask this because it is only through faith in his Word, which is about Jesus Christ, that God makes a sinner righteous. Believing his testimony of his Son Jesus Christ, that he died but rose from the dead on the third day and is alive forevermore, is the only way for you and me to be justified, meaning made perfectly righteous, acceptable, reconciled and in right standing with God. It is only through faith in God’s Son, that we get our sins forgiven, receive the Lord’s pardon and are sanctified or perfected by Christ.
Let not God’s GRACE GIFT, which is freely offered to all mankind, including you, go to waste. “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 KJV).
Will you choose everlasting life or condemnation and sure destruction? Whether you go to heaven or hell, boils down to what you believe. Jesus himself stated, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and BELIEVETH on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.” (John 5:24 KJV)
John 3:15-18 states of Jesus:
- “That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”
You may ask, well who is Jesus? Well, according to the Word of God, Jesus is the Son of the true and living God. He is the Son of God and as part of the Godhead, he is also God the Son. He is Lord over CREATION, Lord over our CONTINUED EXISTENCE WHILE HERE ON EARTH and Lord over DEATH (which he voluntarily submitted to when he came down to earth and took on human form many years ago) and demonstrated thereafter, that he triumphed over.
Not even death could keep him in the grave. For, as Lord over all, he was more powerful than it. We can therefore put our trust in him as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, for every aspect of our lives and the beyond.
Do you believe this? Do you believe what God’s Word the Bible says about Jesus and about who he is?
If so, if by faith, you believe in your heart that Jesus, the Son of God and God the Son, is alive after having risen from the dead, then all you need to do is confess the truth with your mouth that Jesus is Lord. This will save you. This will make you righteous and perfectly acceptable before God. Nothing else.
God’s Word tells us in Romans 10:9-13:
- “That if thou shalt CONFESS with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto RIGHTEOUSNESS; and with the mouth confession is made unto SALVATION. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
(Written on 17th April, 2022, added to thereafter)
Dear Reader, if you found the above Article to be interesting, informative, edifying or beneficial, you may also be interested in reading the following under the ‘SINGLE Daughters’ page:
- Note 302 – ‘God Has Said It, So That Settles It!’
- Any of the ‘Abundant Life Series’ of Articles under the ‘SINGLE DAUGHTERS’ page from Nos. 76-100, 226-250 and 301-310.
Under the ‘BIBLE-BELIEVING Daughters’ page:
- Note 82 – ‘Unbelief Cannot Come’
- Note 228 – ‘Jesus – The Salvation And Righteousness Of God’