218. THE RIGHTNESS OF SEPARATION
(The Information & Edification Series – Batch 4)
At the close of 2021, the theme on my heart and mind is the rightness of SEPARATION, (not in terms of a marriage but instead), from all that displeases God, irrespective of who wants to be offended or feel slighted.
The Lord wants you SEPARATED from the wicked, those who embrace wickedness, foolishness, who are blatantly living in disobedience to God’s Word and his will for their lives, those who are promoting or have embraced a false ‘gospel’ and a false message, thereby seeking subtly to undermine the truth of God’s Word by planting and accepting lies, trouble-makers, those who hate peace and love war, those seeking to derail your God-given purpose and the ungodly, to have no affiliation, association, friendship, affinity or partnership with them whatsoever (apart from that which is essential or cordial) (even if they are upset with you and even if they are your so-called ‘friends’ or family members) and to keep moving forward in Christ.
This may mean blocking some, staying away from some, avoiding some and hiding yourself in Jesus Christ. This is the right thing to do. This is the WISE thing to do.
The Word of God which is THE BOOK OF ALL WISDOM states:
- “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye…” (Psalm 32:8)
- “I have taught thee in the way of WISDOM; I have led thee in RIGHT paths. When thou goest thy steps shall not be straightened; and when thou runnest, thou shalt not stumble…ENTER NOT into the path of the wicked, and GO NOT in the way of evil men. AVOID IT, PASS NOT BY IT, TURN FROM IT and PASS AWAY…KEEP THY HEART with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. PUT AWAY FROM THEE a froward mouth and perverse lips PUT FAR FROM THEE. Let thine eyes look RIGHT ON, and let thine eyelids look STRAIGHT BEFORE THEE. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established…TURN NOT to the right hand nor to the left: REMOVE thy foot from evil.” (Proverbs 4:11-12,14-15, 23-27).
- “CAST OUT the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.” (Proverbs 22:10)
- “A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and HIDETH HIMSELF: but the simple pass on, and are punished…Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them…Make NO FRIENDSHIP with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt NOT GO: Lest thou learn his ways, and get a snare to thy soul…” (Proverbs 22:3,5,24-25)
- “Through desire a man, having SEPARATED himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all WISDOM. A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself…” (Proverbs 18:1)
- “Wherefore is there a price in the hand of a fool to get wisdom, seeing he hath no heart to it?” (Proverbs 17:16).
- “GO from the presence of a foolish man, when thou perceivest not in him the lips of knowledge. The WISDOM of the prudent is to understand his way: but the folly of fools is deceit. Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favour.” (Proverbs 14:7-9)
- “Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye SEPARATE, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.” (2 Corinthians 6:17)
(Written on 31st December, 2021)
Dear Reader, if you found the above Article to be interesting, informative, beneficial or edifying, you may also be interested in reading the following:
- Note 37 – ‘When God Calls Us To Separate Ourselves’
- Note 148 – ‘Just One Thing May Be Holding You Back’
- Note 151 – ‘What Is God Calling You To Cast Out Of Your Life?’
- Note 186 – ‘There Is Beautiful Provision In Obedience’
- Note 199 – ‘Dear Christian, Disobedience Does Not Pay’
Additionally, under the ‘SINGLE Daughters’ Page:
- Note 148 – ‘What Does The Bible Say About Being Unequally Yoked With An Unbeliever?’
Additionally, under the ‘BROKEN Daughters’ Page:
- Note 10 – ‘How God Wants Us To Treat With Our Idols’