(The Faith Forum Series – Batch 3)
There are many attributes to God’s character, which, as we spend time in the Bible and walk with him in relationship through Jesus Christ, we learn more about each day.
The more we learn, the more there is to find out, as one can never get to a place where he has figured out God completely. After all, he is God and his ways are past finding out.
Romans 11:33-36 states:
- “O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.”
Although there is still much to learn, throughout the years I have grown in my knowledge of him from what I’ve read in the scriptures and how he has operated both in the lives of others and my own.
I’ve had such experiences with him that if I were to share them here, you would be blown away. Such experiences are to me, a testament and reminder of his awesome power and his wonderful sovereignty, which the Bible speaks about from cover, to cover.
From what he has demonstrated in my life, time and time again and as supported by the scriptures, these are fifteen (15) characteristics that I love about the true and living God:
- He is greater than ALL.
- He sits as King OVER the flood.
- NOTHING is too hard for him to do.
- He does what he PURPOSES without anyone’s permission.
- He EXALTS and HUMBLES whoever he pleases.
- He ALWAYS wins and guarantees VICTORY to his children.
- He is a reliable DEFENCE and present help in trouble.
- He commands us to be still while HE FIGHTS for us.
- NOTHING happens to his children unless he allows it.
- He turns around whatever the enemy does for OUR GOOD and HIS GLORY.
- To those he has called and chosen, he PROTECTS and PRESERVES.
- To go after one of his children is to place yourself IN THE LINE OF FIRE.
- He has a sense of HUMOUR and enjoys foiling the enemy’s plans.
- He is a righteous JUDGE.
- His PROVIDENCE never wanes.
(Written on 19th August, 2017)